The Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service is dependent upon the broad-based participation of local citizens. That involvement is accomplished through the Extension Advisory Council System.
Cumberland County Extension District Board
is an organized sub-body of the County Extension Council created by the Cumberland County Fiscal Court. The District Board is a body corporate, serving as an agency of the State to manage the affairs of the Cumberland County Extension District, whose boundaries are coexistent with the boundaries of the county.
Currently serving on the Cumberland County Extension District Board:
- Ben Spears, Burkesville, KY 42717
- Les Radford, Forest Hill Rd, Burkesville, KY 42717
- Ruby Wright, Dutch Creek Rd, Burkesville, KY 42717
- Patricia Garner, Celina Road, Burkesville, KY 42717
- Valerie Shelly, Wade Branch Rd, Burkesville, KY 42717
- David King, 540 Connecting Road, Burkesville, KY 42717
- Judge John A. Phelps, Jr., PO Box 829, Burkesville, KY 42717
Cumberland County Extension Council
is an organized body of volunteer leaders that counsel with the Extension agents to help identify issues and community needs. The CEC gives support to develop and carry out educational programs that contribute to Cumberland County's social and economic development.
The Cumberland County Extension Council is made up of members representing each of the four Extension program areas (Agriculture & Natural Resources, Family & Consumer Sciences, 4-H Youth Development, Community Development), plus the Extension District Board members and members of the Ag Development Board, 4-H Council, Homemaker Council and FCS Advisory Council.
Currently serving on the Cumberland County Extension Council:
- Joyce Howlett, Burkesville, KY 42717
- Gina Watson, Ashlock Rd, Burkesville, KY 42717
- Cathy Berry, Joe Scott Road, Burkesville, KY 42717